Build-to-Buy and Option Structures
About the event
“When you’re first in developing a segment, you get to shape how it develops. You get to work with the regulatory bodies, and you get to work with the governmental agencies.” - Finn Haley.
The build-to-buy option structure is a strategic approach where a corporation invests in a startup company and helps them grow into an ideal acquisition in the future. This process involves understanding the target's development plan and funding them to alleviate financing risk allowing founders to focus on growing the company.
In this webinar, Finn Haley, SVP of Corporate Development at Edwards Lifesciences, discusses the build-to-buy option structure they use in the healthcare industry.
Things you will learn in this episode:
- How the build-to-buy option structure works
- Risks and benefits of the build-to-buy option structure
- Drivers for the option structure
- A new approach to innovation
- Monitoring the progress of the target company