We may collect the following types of information:
- Information you provide - When you sign up for a DealRoom Account, we ask you for personal information. We may combine the information you submit under your account with information from other DealRoom services or third parties in order to provide you with a better experience and to improve the quality of our services. For certain services, we may give you the opportunity to opt out of combining such information.
- Log information - When you access DealRoom services via a browser, application or other client our servers automatically record certain information. These server logs may include information such as your web request, your interaction with a service, Internet Protocol address, browser type, browser language, the date and time of your request and one or more cookies that may uniquely identify your browser or your account.
- User communications - When you send email or other communications to DealRoom, we may retain those communications in order to process your inquiries, respond to your requests and improve our services. We may use your email address to communicate with you about our services.
- Unique application number - Certain services include a unique application number that is not associated with your account or you. This number and information about your installation (e.g., operating system type, version number) may be sent to DealRoom when you install or uninstall that service or when that service periodically contacts our servers (for example, to request automatic updates to the software).
In addition to the above, we may use the information we collect to:
- Provide, maintain, protect, and improve our services and develop new services
- Protect the rights or property of DealRoom or our users
If we use this information in a manner different than the purpose for which it was collected, then we will ask for your consent prior to such use.
DealRoom processes personal information on our servers in the United States of America and in other countries. In some cases, we process personal information outside your own country.
Most browsers are initially set up to accept cookies, but you can reset your browser to refuse all cookies or to indicate when a cookie is being sent. However, some DealRoom features and services may not function properly if your cookies are disabled.
DealRoom only shares personal information with other companies or individuals outside of DealRoom in the following limited circumstances:
- We have your consent. We require opt-in consent for the sharing of any sensitive personal informations.
- We have a good faith belief that access, use, preservation or disclosure of such information is reasonably necessary to (a) satisfy any applicable law, regulation, legal process or enforceable governmental request, (b) enforce applicable Terms of Service, including investigation of potential violations thereof, (c) detect, prevent, or otherwise address fraud, security or technical issues, or (d) protect against harm to the rights, property or safety of DealRoom, its users or the public as required or permitted by law.