Job Title: Business Development Representative
Position Type: Full-time
Location: Remote; EST
Salary: 50k base w/ 15-20k variable
DealRoom is looking for an experienced, motivated, and hard-working Business Development Representative (BDR) who loves to win! As a Business Development Representative at DealRoom, you will help the company meet and exceed revenue goals by generating and qualifying a high volume of outbound opportunities for our sales team. You will build out and manage a targeted prospecting list, run a high volume of outreach, make connections with decision makers at companies that are SQLs, and generate new business opportunities for the sales team. This role is a great opportunity for someone looking to jumpstart a career in fintech sales, as there will be a strong opportunity for career growth at DealRoom.
Who are we?
DealRoom is a financial software company that serves corporate development, investment banking, and private equity professionals. We help M&A professionals create secure and efficient workflows for their complex transactions.
Why was DealRoom started?
Founded in Chicago, DealRoom was created by a former M&A advisor, Kison Patel, who saw industry-wide technological inadequacies that prohibited deal success. He wanted to fill the gaps within the financial technology industry with a client-oriented culture.
- Develop target prospect lists and execute cold outreach via email, phone, social media, and/or chat
- Qualify prospects based on their current business challenges and needs
- Schedule demonstrations and discovery calls for our Account Executive team
- Research investment banking, corporate development, and private equity firms to understand current trends and unique challenges, and lead strategic outreach into high-value companies in that industry to drive interest for DealRoom.
- Meet or exceed qualified lead/demos quota every month
- Experiment, test, analyze and improve your prospecting and qualification tactics.
- Strive to continuously improve your sales development process and demonstrate a willingness to learn and implement best practices.
Who you are:
- 1+ year(s) of lead generation or sales prospecting experience
- Outstanding phone and writing skills, able to communicate effectively in both mediums
- Self-motivated and highly organized
- Genuine customer empathy
- Strong interpersonal, presentation, writing and phone skills
- Very organized and strong time management skills
- A thirst for knowledge and growth in a start-up environment
- A sense of urgency and persistence
Benefits & Culture:
- DealRoom is committed to providing all team members a truly unique experience with opportunity for involvement in all dimensions of running and growing our business
- Opportunity to work in a fast-moving, high-growth SaaS company
- Unlimited PTO
- Company paid laptop
- Competitive benefits including 401(k)+matching, Healthcare, Dental, and Vision plans
- Promotional opportunities based on performance